With recent world events bringing more people into Canada to start their new lives, the Surrey Food Bank is helping more people than ever. And to keep up, they need your help.
Join Rock 101 at the Surrey Food Bank at 10732 City Parkway this Friday from 11:30am to 6:30pm as we help them accept donations of nonperishable food items and monetary donations.
Can’t make it down? You can make a donation right now at surreyfoodbank.org
Hunger Knows No Season
Over the next few months the Surrey Food Bank heads into its leanest season. It is at this time when supplies are running low that we need raise awareness and ask our community for support so that we may help those who rely on the services of our food bank.
As our community grows, over one thousand new residents move to Surrey every month, so do our food bank numbers. The Surrey Food Bank provides healthy, well-balanced, nutritious food hampers bi-weekly for low-income residents in Surrey and North Delta.
Fact and Figures About The Surrey Food Bank
Hunger affects us all; it knows no age, it knows no race and it knows no season. Our vision is to grow our community beyond hunger.
- An average of 250 low-income families receive food on a daily basis.
- Serve 14,000 people each month from four locations within Surrey and North Delta
- 41% of clients are children under the age of 18
- Serve 200 babies who visit every week through our Tiny Bundles Program
- Since February 1, 2016 have served 121 Syrian refugee families (704 people as of Apr 25, 2016)
- $1.5 million needs to be raised annually from the community as SFB receives no core government funding
- 30-40 volunteers per day to help with food distribution
- Assistance to over 45 Community agencies/Social support organizations with weekly food support for community meals/ School snack programs
- Have over 400 active volunteers
- Do NOT tele-market or solicit door-to-door
How To Help
- Donate on-line. It’s easy and quick to do.
- Make a Pledge to be a monthly donor – $50 each month will buy much needed formula for our Tiny Bundles program.
- Encourage friends and business colleagues to donate food and drop it at donation bins in your local grocery store or at the food bank location on City Parkway.
- Organize a food drive at your business, religious organization, school, community event or your special event.
- Buy a $2 BC Share Coupon at your grocery store. Look for the ‘Bright Green’ poster at the check-out or ask your grocery store clerk or manager.
Five Most Needed Items
- Baby formula
- Meal in a Tin
- Canned Fish/Meat
- Canned Vegetables
- Whole grain rice/pasta
Should you need any further information in regard to events, volunteering, to make a donation or to make a pledge, please do not hesitate to contact us at 604-581-5443 or email@example.com