Polar bears are curious creatures. Scientists put a spy cam together to catch them in their natural habitat. What they didn’t bank on was that these inquisitive bears would take the spy cam on…and the results are pretty funny. Take a look.
BTW…did you know:
– Female polar bears would rather build their dens in “old snow” from previous years rather than the freshly fallen snow.
– Polar bear cubs learn to freeze and remain still while their mother hunts. If they move, the mother disciples them, with a whack to the head.
– Some female polar bears deviate from the one room den. They build dens with multiple rooms and even a ventilation system in the roof.
– Adult females often weigh between 500 and 600 pounds (227 and 272 kilograms).
– Female polar bears do not start having cubs until they are about 4 or 5 years old.
– Polar bear babies weigh a little more than a pound when they are born.
– Only humans prey or hunt polar bears.
– A polar bear’s fur is not white!! It is hollow. The fur reflects light. The hollow fur also traps the suns heat to help keep the polar bear warm.
– A polar bear is so strong, that it can kill an animal with one blow from it’s paw.