The Breakfast Club just turned 30. Feel old? Ya, me too.
It was one the biggest movies of the decade and defined a generation and a genre of movies that would dominate the big screen for years to come.
Little knows facts about the 80s blockbuster:
– Molly Ringwald and Anthony Micheal Hall were only 16 when the film was shot. AMH was going through puberty and grew almost a foot by the end of production (according to Judd Nelson).
– The dialogue of the show was mostly ad-libbed.
– Jodie Foster and Laura Dern also auditioned for the role of Claire (Molly Ringwald’s character).
– Ally Sheedy doesn’t say a word for the first 33 minutes of the show.
– John Cusack and Nic Cage almost got the part of Bender (Judd Nelson).
– the “pot” the smoked in the stoned scene was oregano.
Here’s a music tribute to the teen movies of the 80s. CLASSIC.