Black Sabbath has partnered with Converse to create a new line of Chuck Taylor All Star sneakers inspired by artwork from four of the legendary group’s studio albums. According to Ultimate Classic Rock, the “Black Sabbath Collection” consists of four styles. “Black Sabbath,” “Paranoid” and “Never Say Die” are represented by the classic Chuck Taylor hi-top canvas sneaker, while “Volume 4” is from the CONS Pro Skate line and available in both hi-top and oxford styles.
- The Chuck Taylors have album artwork printed on the shoe and band logos in period fonts stitched into the tongues, while the “Never Say Die” sneaker also features black-and-white images of the band on the inner lining.
- The Chuck Taylors will be available at Journeys locations, various independent shoe stores and Converse’s online store for a suggested retail price of $60. The “Volume 4” shoe will sell for $65 and $70 at skate specialty retailers.
- All four albums represented on the shoes were recorded by the original Sabbath lineup between 1970 and 1978.
- The band partnered with Converse once before in 2008.
- 13, the first Sabbath release in 35 years to feature original members Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourneand Geezer Butler playing together, was released last June and landed the band its first-ever Number One album in the U.S.
- The band has also earned three 2014 Grammy Award nominations, for Best Rock Album for 13, plus Best Metal Performance and Best Rock Song for “God Is Dead?”
- Sabbath will begin a 10-date North American run on March 31st in New York, ending in Los Angeles on April 26th.